Tuesday, June 10, 2008

End Time Question

Does anyone have or know of a good study on Revelations? I can get through the Seven Seals and then I get lost. I've been outlining the Chapters. Any help would be appreciated. I need to understand about the rapture. So far in my study there is a pre, middle, and end rapture theory.
I've discovered in the last 3 or 4 months i've been stocking up (it's not really hording - but maybe) on dry food stuffs, buying a lot of solar powered lighting, putting in a larger garden for canning, etc..
My husband and I have been kicking around what we would need to be totally self sufficient if we needed to be - like being out priced for our utilities. We're talking about buying a self contained heater (gel fuel) for heat in the winter, installing a hand pump on our well for water if we didn't have electricity, a bigger generator for freezer/refrigerator. We're not poor - pretty comfortable financially - but it is like we're being driven to provide for what seems to be an inevitability.
Is any of this happening for any of you? I'm trying so hard to keep everything in perspective but I keep thinking about Joseph in Egypt and the Brides having their oil full in order to meet the groom. Providing for anyone who is left and not wanting the mark of the beast. Some or all of our larder may provide for someone. Or is my perspective way off? I'd really like some feed back please?

No comments: